Monday, November 19, 2007

This past weekend

This past weekend was a lot of fun and as busy as I could be. I wanted to see if I could do 3 events in a day and I did. I was worried about having vehicle troubles, but my scrapmobile did great and so did we. My daughter Alex has also been awesome. She insists that she wants to come with me and work. She helps me set up the paper and puts items out on the shelves. Then she also likes to help me write up everyone's orders and use the calculator to add things up. Then she goes and hangs out with the ladies. A few of the girls came in to me to say how awesome of a sales person she was. She definitely has the gift of the gab and isn't shy. She talks to everyone and helps them get stuff from the store. She's an awesome daughter and I'm sure she's going to be taking over the business some day.

This Sat, we had three events to go to. One was a retreat in Bittern Lake (1 hr away from me), then we went North across a couple different cities and drove for 1.5 hrs to get to Gibbons and then ended the evening with a Girls Night Out Club in Northeast Edmonton where we taught 6 ladies how to make a beautiful canvas project for their wall. We had a lot of fun and by the end of the day we were very exhausted.

One of the highlights of our day, which was also sad is that at one retreat we attended, they have a friend who is dying of cancer, so everyone there was making at least one layout for her book. Alex and I gathered up about 7 layouts that we had in the truck and donated them to their friend. They were extremely appreciative that we were willing to help out their friend too. It made us feel so sad that she was dying and so happy that we could help out too.

That's all for now and I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: