Tuesday, April 14, 2009

.... and the winner is.... THE TRUCK

Yes, that's right, the truck beat me to Ontario- yay! I'm excited and of course a bit nervous too. I phoned the driver to get an update about where she was and she sounded a little surprised. She had already dropped off the truck and phoned my dad to let him know where it was. We weren't expecting to arrive today and it was early.
I'm excited my truck is there because now I know it will be there for both trade shows, www.scrapfest.ca and www.creativfestival.ca but I hate that it is so far away. Hurry up Thurs, I need to get on that plane! lol

My poor Dad, he lives in Brampton so I don't get to see him very often and I haven't seen him in 2 yrs. He heard lots about my truck and what I was doing, but hadn't seen it, so now it's in Ontario and now he actually has to drive it to his house. Poor guy! Even my husband doesn't like to be seen in a giant lime green scrapbooking truck and now my dad has to too. Oh, the things our family will do for us.... lol.

The other reason I feel bad for my dad is that he is also getting shipments for me in Ontario. Most of my orders I had shipped directly to me, but I also had about 6 shipments come from Ontario and the U.S. so they are going to his house. One order is direct from Neat Nix and they have the most awesome scrapbooking buckets that are just fantastic. They are also collapsible which is great for traveling with. (I think I need 2, one for all my tools and the round one for garbage) I have 10 boxes of them coming direct to his house. Yikes!
Plus, he told me he just got 4 boxes of stuff from California. I'm also excited about that order because that means all my GLIMMER MIST arrived. Yes, all 200 bottles of them. If you're going to Scrapfest, you don't want to miss out on Trisha Ladouceur's classes. She is the Glimmer Mist Queen and will rock your world with it. Her projects are so kick ass that you will love her forever. One thing I love about Trisha's classes and projects is that she helps you to think out of the box and use things in a new way. I've seen her projects for Scrapfest and the upcoming cruise and they're just amazing. Check out her blog.
I also have to mention my great friend Terrie Moxam. Originally my husband was going to come with me, but then he decided it would make more sense for me to have a scrapbooking fanatic friend go. I talked to my friend Terrie and she said, "do you need to twist my rubber arm? Of course I'll come to Toronto." So she is taking time away from her awesome husband (yep, I have to compliment him, he's now accusing me of being a "wife stealer" lol) and come and work her butt off with me. She is great, she reminds me of everything I forget and absolutely loves scrapbooking and what we do, so she will be a great help in Toronto. She truly is an amazing woman! We're going to have FUN, right Terrie? Ok, we're going to work our butts off, but we will have fun too. I've been told that we're staying on the Sat night at the hotel because the girls are going out. What???? I need my sleep, I'm too old to party when I've been working my ass off. I love my bed and pillow. lol
Have a great week everyone and we'll keep in touch from Toronto.
Kelly

No comments: